Linksfield Primary School is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the POPI Act 2013 (the Act), the data controller is Linksfield Primary School, corner Kloof and Club Streets, Linksfield.
Information We May Store and Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site http://www.linksfieldprimary.co.za (our site). This includes information provided at the time of requesting goods or further services from us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Linksfield Primary School may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of The Information
Linksfield Primary School use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer device.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Disclosure of Your Information
Linksfield Primary School may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If our holding company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of R100 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
POPI - Protection of Personal Information - Signed into law in November 2013, the POPI Act represents the most ambitious attempt thus far to formulate a framework for the protection of personal information, of which the limitation of unsolicited communication for the purpose of direct marketing forms a part.
Cookies - are small pieces of data sent from a website and stored in the user's web browser while the user is browsing. They are used to track your interests on our Website. No personal data is collected through this means.
Personal Data - any data that you may wish to disclose when subscribing and or registering on our website.
Legal proceedings - is an activity that seeks to invoke the power of a tribunal in order to enforce a law or agreed policy condition.
Unsolicited – in this regard the meaning of this legal term is unauthorised, spam distribution, unauthorised advertising or malicious publications.
Material Breach - is a contract law term which refers to a failure of performance under the contract which is significant enough to give the aggrieved party the right to sue for breach of contract.